Effective June 14, 2021; Updated July 30, 2021
The Streamy Awards are owned and hosted by Streamys, LLC. (“Company”) and are given annually each fall. In each of the categories of consideration, the Streamy Award (the “Award”) is intended to honor outstanding original productions, programs, series, and/or channels which are created for initial release and exhibition online (“Program(s)”) and to recognize those pioneering companies and individuals who create, produce, and perform those Programs worldwide.
1. Award Eligibility
- To be eligible for consideration for an Award, an “Eligible Program” must have been produced for, and initially released and exhibited by means of, Online Distribution (as defined below) between September 1, 2020 and July 30, 2021 (“Eligibility Period”) and must meet all of the other applicable requirements set forth herein or otherwise applicable to the Award for which it is submitted. Eligible Programs do not need to have been actually produced during the Eligibility Period but must have been initially made available via Online Distribution for viewing by the general public during the Eligibility Period.
- “Online Distribution” is defined as the delivery and distribution of a Program directly to consumers for online viewing, either on a streaming or download basis, on a website (e.g., YouTube.com, Vimeo.com, personal or company website), social media platform (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Snapchat), and/or so-called “over the top” video distribution platform (e.g., Amazon, Netflix, Hulu), regardless of the physical device used by consumers for viewing.
- Programs which were initially released, distributed, or exhibited in any other media, whether before, during, or after the Eligibility Period, are not eligible.
- The following types of productions or materials are not eligible for consideration, whether or not they were originally created for or exploited by means of Online Distribution:
- Sizzle Reels
- Sequences from feature-length films intended for theatrical distribution or home video release
- Episodes of established television series previously delivered on broadcast, pay, or cable television.
- To be eligible for an Award given to one or more individuals (an “Individual Award”), the individual(s) must appear and/or have performed in or participated in the production of an Eligible Program (“Eligible Individual(s)”).
- To be eligible for an Award given to an organization, company, or other entity (an “Organization Award”), the organization, company, or entity must have produced (or caused the production of) AND otherwise own and/or control an Eligible Program (“Eligible Organization”).
- Except for certain Award-specific requirements (e.g., International (excluding U.S. and Canada) Programs must be produced abroad), Programs are eligible for consideration for all Awards. Award-specific requirements are currently available at https://www.streamys.org/categories/.
- Eligible Programs, Eligible Individuals, and Eligible Organizations (individually and collectively, “Eligible Subjects”) may be submitted for and win multiple Awards.
- Programs will be considered in the form that they were initially distributed during the Eligibility Period and must remain posted online and available for viewing to intended consumers (whether the general public or subscribers) during the Review Period (as defined below).
- Programs that contain obscene or pornographic material, propagate “hate” messages or misleading, deceptive, and/or harmful content, make defamatory statements, or which are otherwise offensive may be disqualified in the sole discretion of Company.
- The final determination of eligibility is in Company’s sole discretion. Programs may be disqualified at any time without prior notification in Company’s sole discretion. If Company determines, in its good faith judgment, that an Eligible Subject has been mistakenly or improperly submitted for the wrong Award(s), Company reserves the right to submit the Eligible Subject for the appropriate Award(s), as determined by Company in its sole discretion, (“Company-Submitted Award”) which shall be in addition to the Award(s) for which it was originally submitted by the Creator (as defined below) and for which it shall remain eligible. In such event, if the Eligible Subject becomes an Official Nominee for a Company-Submitted Award, the Creator shall have the right to decline the nomination for the Company-Submitted Award within ten (10) business days of notification.
- Eligible Subjects may be submitted for consideration for one (1) or more Awards between June 14, 2021, and July 30, 2021 August 9, 2021
- (“Submission Period”) as follows:
- All Eligible Subjects must be submitted during the Submission Period by the owner, creator, or otherwise authorized representative of owner or creator of the Eligible Program (“Creator”) which is/contains/was made by the Eligible Subject (each, a “Submission”).
- To submit an Eligible Subject as a Submission, you must be the Creator, and you must properly register/log-in, complete, and submit the Submission Form available at https://www.streamys.org/submissions/ (“Submission Form”) during the Submission Period.
- You will also be required to provide a public or private link or URL (including any password) to an online location where the Program may be viewed as well as certain other information regarding the Eligible Subject.
- All information provided must be accurate, valid, and completed in full, or your Submission may be disqualified. Names, production details, and other information you provide in the Submission Form may be published if the applicable Eligible Subject becomes an Official Nominee and/or Award Winner (all as defined below), so please ensure that all details are correct at the time of entry.
- Submission fees have been waived this year for all Awards categories, other than Brand Awards.
- All Submissions (and where applicable, associated fees) must be received and recorded by Company during the Submission Period.
- Company reserves the right to extend or shorten the Submission Period as it may determine in its sole discretion, and any changes will be posted on Company’s official website located at streamys.org (“Website”).
- By making any Submission to Company, you signify that you (and your parent or legal guardian, if you are a minor in your jurisdiction of residence) have read and agree to all of the Project Agreements.
- Any attempted method of Submission other than as described in this Section 2 is void.
3. Official Nominees and Award Winners
- The Streamys Academy (“Academy”) will review all valid Submissions received for each Award and determine and select up to five (5) official nominees for each Award (“Official Nominees”).
- For all Awards, the Academy will review all valid Submissions for each Award and make its determinations for the Official Nominees for each Award during the approximately nine (9) week period following the end of the Submission Period (“Review Period”).
- If, in the opinion of the Academy, the Eligible Subjects in consideration for an Award fail to meet the Streamy Awards’ standard of excellence, the Academy may select fewer Official Nominees for that Award.
- If, in the opinion of the Academy, no Eligible Subjects meet the Streamy Awards’ standard of excellence for a particular Award, Company may, in its sole discretion, cancel the applicable Award.
- If a Submission is not available for review by the Academy during the Review Period at the link or URL provided in the Submission Form, then such Submission may be disqualified.
- Winner Selection: After the Official Nominees for each Award have been determined at the end of the Review Period, the Academy will select the winner from among the Official Nominees for each Award (each, an “Award Winner”). For each Eligible Subject selected as an Award Winner, the manner and details of announcing its designation as an Official Nominee and Award Winner shall be strictly confidential and shall be determined by Company in its sole discretion. Not all Awards will be publicized in the same manner, and while some Awards might be presented in a public ceremony, other Awards may be given by private notification. The Academy’s decisions regarding the Award Winners will be final. Company reserves the right to withdraw any Award from an Award Winner at a later date if Company subsequently learns, discovers, or finds that the Award Winner failed to comply in any way with any of the Project Agreements or has committed or does commit any act or has engaged or does engage in any conduct which is an offense under federal, state or local laws, including moral turpitude, or which brings Award Winner into public disrepute, scandal, or ridicule or which tends, in Company’s opinion, to reflect unfavorably upon Company and/or the Streamy Awards.
- Creator of the Year/Show of the Year Awards: All Submissions will also be considered for the “Creator of the Year” and “Show of the Year” Awards (“Year Award(s)”). The Year Awards are not open or available for direct submission by Creators on the Submission Form or by any other means or method. The Academy will, in its sole discretion, select up to ten (10) Official Nominees for each Year Award from the pool of all Submissions made during the Submission Period and will determine the winner of each Year Award from the Official Nominees for each Year Award.
- If you encounter a technical problem in making a Submission, completing a Submission Form, or otherwise with the submission process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to make a correction to credits or Program information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- While the submission or nomination of non-English-language Programs is encouraged, please note that the content must be accessible to our predominantly English-speaking Academy members. In Award categories not dependent on language, non-English-language Programs may be considered in their original format. Otherwise, Programs in a foreign language must be dubbed or subtitled into English.
- By participating in the submission process for the Streamy Awards, you hereby release, agree to indemnify, and hold harmless Company and its partner(s), their respective parent, affiliate, or subsidiary entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, managers, consultants, employees, contractors, agents, distributors, licensees, successors, and assigns from any and all liability for any and all claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of your participation in the Streamy Awards, Company’s use of any Submission or Eligible Subject, and/or the unauthorized or illegal access to participants’ personally identifiable information.
- Company reserves the right to change, revise, or update these Guidelines at any time without notice in Company’s sole discretion. All such changes will be posted on the Website.