Effective June 5, 2018
The Streamy Awards are hosted by Tubefilter, Inc. (“Company”) and are given annually each fall. In each of the categories of consideration, the Streamy Award (the “Award”) is intended to honor outstanding original productions, programs, series, and/or channels which are created for initial release and exhibition online (“Programs”) and to recognize those pioneering companies and individuals who create, produce, and perform those Programs worldwide.
- To be eligible for consideration for an Award, an “Eligible Program” must have been produced for, and initially released and exhibited by means of, Online Distribution (as defined below) between June 10, 2017, and July 27, 2018 (the “Eligibility Period”) and must meet all of the other applicable requirements set forth herein or otherwise applicable to the Award for which it is submitted. Eligible Programs do not need to have been actually produced during the Eligibility Period but must have been initially made available via Online Distribution for viewing by the general public during the Eligibility Period.
- “Online Distribution” is defined as the delivery and distribution of a Program directly to consumers for online viewing, either on a streaming or download basis, on a website (e.g., YouTube.com, Vimeo.com, personal or company website), social media platform (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat), and/or so-called “over the top” video distribution platform (e.g., Amazon, Verizon go90, Netflix, Hulu), regardless of the physical device used by consumers for viewing.
- Programs which were initially released, distributed, or exhibited in any other media, whether before, during, or after the Eligibility Period, are not eligible.
- The following types of productions or materials are not eligible for consideration, whether or not they were originally created for or exploited by means of Online Distribution:
- Sizzle Reels
- Sequences from feature-length films intended for theatrical distribution or home video release
- Episodes of established television series previously delivered on broadcast, pay, or cable television.
- To be eligible for an Award given to one or more individuals (an “Individual Award”), the individual(s) must appear and/or have performed in or participated in the production of an Eligible Program (“Eligible Individual(s)”).
- To be eligible for an Award given to an organization, company, or other entity (an “Organization Award”), the organization, company, or entity must have produced (or caused the production of) AND otherwise, own and/or control an Eligible Program (“Eligible Organization”).
- Except for certain Award-specific requirements (e.g., International (Non-US) Programs must be produced abroad), Programs are eligible for consideration for all Awards. Award-specific requirements are currently available at https://www.streamys.org/categories/.
- Eligible Programs, Eligible Individuals, and Eligible Organizations (individually and collectively, “Eligible Subjects”) may be submitted for and win multiple Awards.
- Programs will be considered in the form that they were initially distributed during the Eligibility Period and must remain posted online and available for viewing to intended consumers (whether the general public or subscribers) during the Review Period (as defined below).
- Programs that contain obscene or pornographic material, propagate “hate” messages, make defamatory statements, or which are otherwise offensive may be disqualified in the sole discretion of Company.
- Eligible Subjects may be submitted for consideration for one (1) or more Awards between June 5, 2018, and July 27, 2018 (the “Submission Period”) in the following two (2) ways:
- For all Awards, all Eligible Subjects must be submitted during the Submission Period by the owner, creator, or otherwise authorized representative of owner or creator of the Eligible Program (“Creator”) which is/contains/was made by the Eligible Subject (each, a “Submission”); and
- For certain Awards, Eligible Subjects may also be submitted during the Submission Period by individuals other than the Creator who may or may not be associated with the Eligible Program (each, a “Fan Nomination”)
- The Streamy Awards and related services are hosted in the United States at streamys.org (the “Website”). If you are located outside of the United States and choose to make a Fan Nomination or a Submission on the Website, you consent to having any information you provide to Company transferred to and processed in the United States, where you understand data protection and other privacy laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
- Fan Nominations
- Fan Nominations are only permitted or available for certain Awards. The Awards for which Fan Nominations can be made are available at streamys.org/fans.
- To submit a Fan Nomination for an Award (where applicable), you must fill out the Fan Nominations Form located at streamys.org/fans (“Fan Nomination Form”). Only properly completed Fan Nomination Forms submitted on the Website will be counted as Fan Nominations.
- You may submit a Fan Nomination Form for yourself or your own Eligible Program.
- You may submit an Eligible Subject for as many Awards as you wish, but you may only make one (1) Fan Nomination for any Eligible Subject per Award. Fan Nominations exceeding the limits stated above may be disqualified.
- Fan Nominations for certain Awards may have special instructions or requirements so be sure to follow the applicable instructions or requirements to make a valid Fan Nominations for such Awards.
- Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Fan Nomination. Company will automatically disqualify any Fan Nomination activity that, in Company’s opinion, appears intended to subvert or manipulate the voting process, violates trademarks, infringes copyrights, impersonates others, invades privacy, makes threats of violence, promotes illegal activities, promotes pornography, spams, uses bots, scripts, or other automated means for voting, engages in abusive behavior, or promises anything of value in exchange for a Submission. Any attempted method of submission other than as described herein is void.
- All Fan Nominations must be received and recorded by Company during the Submission Period.
- To submit an Eligible Subject as a Submission, you must be the Creator, and you must properly complete and submit the Submission Form available at https://www.streamys.org/submissions/ during the Submission Period.
- All Awards categories require a fee to be paid at the time of making a Submission, as specified at https://www.streamys.org/faq. All Submission fees are non-refundable.
- An Eligible Subject that receives a Fan Nomination must ALSO receive a Submission to be eligible to win an Award. A SUBMISSION IS REQUIRED TO BE SELECTED AS AN OFFICIAL NOMINEE, AWARD WINNER, OR AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARD WINNER.
- All Submissions and associated fees must be received by Company during the Submission Period.
- Furthermore, names, production details, and other information you provide in the Submission Form may be published if the applicable Eligible Subject becomes an Official Nominee, Award Winner, and/or Audience Choice Award Winner (all as defined below), so please ensure that all details are correct at the time of entry.
- You must notify Company if any Submission is or becomes subject to any dispute or litigation with any third party regarding the Eligible Subject submitted. ALL SUBMISSIONS WILL REQUIRE THE CREATOR TO AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE STREAMY AWARDS LICENSE AGREEMENT, CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT https://www.streamys.org/legal-2/license-agreement/(“License Agreement”).
- Company reserves the right to extend or shorten the Submission Period as it may determine in its sole discretion, and any changes will be posted on the Website.
Official Nominees and Award Winners
- Nominee Selection: For each Award, five (5) official nominees will be selected as follows (“Official Nominees”):
- If the Award permits Fan Nominations (a “Fan Award”):
- One (1) of the Official Nominees for each Fan Award shall be determined by Fan Nominations (the “Fan Nominee”), and the Eligible Subject that (i) receives the greatest number of valid Fan Nominations for the applicable Fan Award during the Submission Period; AND (ii) has also been submitted as a Submission will become the Fan Nominee for that Fan Award; and
- The remaining four (4) Official Nominees for each Fan Award will be determined by the Streamy Awards Blue Ribbon Panel (the “Panel”) who will review all remaining Submissions for the Fan Award and select the four (4) Official Nominees.
- For all other Awards, the five (5) Official Nominees will be determined and selected by the Panel.
- The Panel will review Submissions and make its determinations for all Awards during the approximate seven (7) week period following the end of the Submission Period (the “Review Period”).
- If, in the opinion of the Panel, the Eligible Subjects in consideration for an Award fail to meet the Streamy Awards’ standard of excellence, the Panel may select fewer Official Nominees for the applicable Award.
- If, in the opinion of the Panel, no Eligible Subjects meet the Streamy Awards’ standard of excellence for a particular Award, Company may, in its sole discretion, cancel the applicable Award, including any Fan Award.
- If a Submission is not available for review by the Panel during the Review Period at the link or URL provided in the Submission Form, then such Submission may be disqualified.
- Winner Selection: After the five (5) Official Nominees for each Award have been determined, the Panel will select the winner from among the Official Nominees for each Award (each, an “Award Winner”). For each Eligible Subject selected as an Award Winner, the manner and details of announcing its designation as an Official Nominee and Award Winner shall be strictly confidential and shall be determined by Company in its sole discretion. Not all Awards will be publicized in the same manner, and while some Awards might be presented in a public ceremony, other Awards may be given by private notification. The Panel’s decisions regarding the Award Winners will be final. Company reserves the right to withdraw any Award from an Award Winner at a later date if Company subsequently learns, discovers, or finds that the Award Winner failed to comply in any way with these Guidelines or has committed or does commit any act or has engaged or does engage in any conduct which is an offense under federal, state or local laws, including moral turpitude, or which brings Award Winner into public disrepute, scandal or ridicule, or which tends, in Company’s opinion, to reflect unfavorably upon Company and/or the Streamy Awards.
Audience Choice Finalists and Streamy Audience Choice Awards
- Company will give two (2) Fan Awards each Year: (i) the “Audience Choice: Show” award given to an Eligible Program; and (ii) the “Audience Choice: Creator” award given to an Eligible Individual (each, an “Audience Choice Award”).
- Finalist Selection:
- The ten (10) Eligible Programs that receive the greatest number of valid Fan Nominations and have also received a valid Submission will be the finalists for the “Audience Choice: Show” award.
- The ten (10) Eligible Individuals who receive the greatest number of valid Fan Nominations and have also received a valid Submission will be the finalists for the “Audience Choice: Creator” award.
- If, in the opinion of Company, the finalists for either Audience Choice Award fail to meet the Streamy Awards’ standard of excellence, fewer finalists may be selected for the applicable Audience Choice Award. If no finalists meet the Streamy Awards’ standard of excellence for an Audience Choice Award, Company may, in its sole discretion, cancel the applicable Audience Choice Award.
- Additional information on voting will be made available further into the Streamy Awards 2018 campaign.
- If you encounter a technical problem in making a Submission, completing a Fan Nomination Form, or otherwise with the nomination or voting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to make a correction to credits or Program information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- While the submission or nomination of non-English-language Programs is encouraged, please note that the content must be accessible to our predominantly English-speaking Panel members. In categories not dependent on language, non-English-language Programs may be considered in their original format. Otherwise, Programs in a foreign language must be dubbed or subtitled into English.
- By participating in the nomination and voting process for the Streamy Awards, whether by submitting, nominating, voting, or otherwise, you hereby release, agree to indemnify, and hold harmless Company and its partners, their respective parent, affiliate, or subsidiary entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, managers, consultants, employees, successors, licensees, agents, and assigns from any and all liability for any and all claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of your participation in the Streamy Awards, Company’s use of any Submission or Eligible Subject, and/or the unauthorized or illegal access to participants’ personally identifiable information.
- Company reserves the right to change, revise, or update these Guidelines at any time without notice in Company’s sole discretion. All such changes will be posted on https://www.streamys.org/.