Effective June 20, 2016; Updated July 18, 2016
The Streamy Awards are hosted by Tubefilter, Inc. (“Company”) and are given annually each fall. In each of the categories of consideration, the Streamy Award (the “Award”) is intended to honor outstanding original productions, programs, series, and/or channels which are created for, and initially exhibited or exploited on, the internet (“Programs”) and to recognize those pioneering companies and individuals who create, produce, and perform those Programs worldwide.
1. Award Eligibility
- To be eligible for consideration for an Award, an “Eligible Program” must have been initially released or exploited via the Internet (i.e., first public or private exhibition occurred via a video sharing site or unique URL) between June 27, 2015 and July 11, 2016 (the “Eligibility Period”) and must meet all of the other applicable requirements set forth herein or otherwise applicable to the Award for which it is submitted. Eligible Programs do not need to have been produced during the Eligibility Period.
- Programs which were initially released, distributed, or exhibited in any other media, whether before, during, or after the Eligibility Period, are not eligible.
- The following types of productions or materials are not eligible for consideration, whether or not they were originally created for or exploited on the internet:
- Sizzle Reels
- Sequences from feature-length films intended for theatrical distribution or home video release
- Episodes of established television series previously delivered on broadcast, pay, or cable television.
- To be eligible for an Award given to one or more individuals (an “Individual Award”), the individual(s) must appear and/or have performed in or participated in the production of an Eligible Program (“Eligible Individual(s)”).
- To be eligible for an Award given to an organization, company, or other entity (an “Organization Award”), the organization, company, or entity must have produced (or caused the production of) AND otherwise own and/or control an Eligible Program (“Eligible Organization”).
- Except for certain Award-specific requirements (e.g., International (Non-US) Programs must be produced abroad), Programs are eligible for consideration for all Awards. Award-specific requirements are currently available at http://www.streamys.org/about/categories/.
- Eligible Programs, Eligible Individuals, and Eligible Organizations (individually and collectively, “Eligible Subjects”) may be submitted for and win multiple Awards.
- Programs will be considered in the form that they appear online during the Eligibility Period and must remain posted online and available for public review at a specified URL or Web page during the Review Period (as defined below).
- Programs that contain obscene or pornographic material, propagate “hate” messages, make defamatory statements, or which are otherwise offensive may be disqualified in the sole discretion of Company.
Eligible Subjects may be submitted for consideration for one (1) or more Awards between June 20, 2016, and
July 18, 2016, July 22, 2016, (the “Submission Period”) in the following two (2) ways:
- Programs may be submitted by individuals who may or may not be associated with the Program (a “Fan Nomination”) during the Submission Period; and/or
- Programs may be submitted by the owner, creator, or otherwise authorized representative of any Eligible Subject, which may also be an Eligible Individual or Eligible Organization (each, a “Submission”) during the Submission Period.
The Streamy Awards and related services are hosted in the United States at streamys.org (the “Website”). If you are a participant located outside of the United States, you consent to having any information you provide to Company transferred to and processed in the United States, where you understand data protection and other privacy laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
- Fan Nominations (the nomination period begins on July 11, 2016 at 9AM PT)
- To submit a Fan Nomination, you must fill out the Fan Nominations Form located at http://www.streamys.org/submissions/fan-submissions/ (“Fan Nomination Form”). Only properly completed Fan Nomination Forms submitted on the Website will be counted as Fan Nominations.
- You may submit yourself or your own Program for consideration.
- You may submit an Eligible Subject for as many Awards as you wish, but you are limited to only one (1) Fan Nomination for any Eligible Subject per category. Fan Nominations exceeding the limits stated above may be disqualified.
- Fan Nominations for certain Awards may have special instructions or requirements so be sure to follow the applicable instructions or requirements to make a valid Fan Nominations for such Awards.
- Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Fan Nomination. Company will automatically disqualify any Fan Nomination activity that, in Company’s opinion, appears intended to game the system, violates trademarks, infringes copyrights, impersonates others, invades privacy, makes threats of violence, promotes illegal activities, promotes pornography, spams, uses bots, scripts or other automated means for voting, engages in abusive behavior, or promises anything of value in exchange for a Submission. Any attempted method of submission other than as described herein is void.
- All Fan Nominations must be received and recorded by Company during the Submission Period.
- To submit an Eligible Subject as a Submission, you must be the owner, creator, or otherwise authorized representative of the owner or creator of the Eligible Subject (the “Creator”), and you must properly complete and submit the Submission Form available at http://www.streamys.org/submissions/creator-submissions/ during the Submission Period.
- Certain Awards categories require a fee to be paid at the time of making a Submission, as specified at http://www.streamys.org/faq. All Submission fees are non-refundable.
- An Eligible Subject that receives a Fan Nomination may also be submitted as a Submission and in fact, must receive a Submission to be eligible to win an Award. ONLY SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME OFFICIAL NOMINEES, AWARD WINNERS, OR AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARD WINNERS.
- All Submissions and associated fees must be received by Company during the Submission Period.
- Furthermore, names, production details, and other information you provide in the Submission Form may be published if the applicable Eligible Subject becomes an Official Nominee, Award Winner, and/or Audience Choice Award Winner (all as defined below), so please ensure that all details are correct at the time of entry.
- You must notify Company if any Submission is or becomes subject to any dispute or litigation with any third party regarding the Eligible Subject submitted. ALL SUBMISSIONS WILL REQUIRE THE OWNER, CREATOR, OR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF THE ELIGIBLE SUBJECT TO AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE STREAMY AWARDS LICENSE AGREEMENT, CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT http://www.streamys.org/legal-2/license-agreement/ (“License Agreement”).
- Company reserves the right to extend or shorten the Submission Period as it may determine in its sole discretion, and any changes will be posted on the Website.
3. Official Nominees and Streamy Award Winners
- Nominee Selection: For each Award, five (5) official nominees will be selected as follows (“Official Nominees”):
- One of the Official Nominees for each Award shall be determined by Fan Nominations (the “Fan Nominee”), and the Eligible Subject that receives the greatest number of valid Fan Nominations for an Award during the Submission Period will become the Fan Nominee for the applicable Award; provided that in order to become the Fan Nominee, the applicable Eligible Subject must also be submitted as a Submission.
- The remaining four (4) Official Nominees for each Award will be determined by the Streamy Awards Blue Ribbon Panel (the “Panel”) who will review all remaining Submissions and select the four (4) Official Nominees. The Panel will review Submissions and make its determinations during the approximate four (4) week period following the end of the Submission Period (the “Review Period”).
- If, in the opinion of the Panel, the remaining Eligible Subjects in consideration for an Award fail to meet the Streamy Awards’ standard of excellence, the Panel may select fewer Official Nominees for the applicable Award.
- If, in the opinion of the Panel, no Eligible Subjects meet the Streamy Awards’ standard of excellence for a particular Award, Company may, in its sole discretion, cancel the applicable Award.
- If a Submission is not available for review by the Panel during the Review Period at the link or URL provided in the Submission Form, then such Submission shall be disqualified.
- Winner Selection: After the five (5) Official Nominees for each Award have been determined, the Panel will select the winner from among the Official Nominees for each Award (each, an “Award Winner”). For each Eligible Subject selected as an Award Winner, the manner and details of announcing its designation as an Official Nominee and Award Winner remains strictly confidential and shall be within the discretion of the Company. Official Nominees and Awards Winners understand and agree that not all Awards will be publicized in the same manner and that while some Awards might be presented in a public ceremony, other Awards may be given by private notification. The Panel’s decisions regarding the Award Winners will be final. Company reserves the right to withdraw any Award from an Award Winner at a later date if Company later finds that the Award Winner failed to comply in any way with these Guidelines.
4. Audience Choice Finalists and Streamy Audience Choice Awards
- Company will accord two (2) fan-determined Awards each Year: the “Show of the Year” award given to an Eligible Program and the “Entertainer of the Year” Award given to an Eligible Individual (each, an “Audience Choice Award”).
- Finalist Selection:
- The ten (10) Eligible Programs and ten (10) Eligible Individuals which (i) receive the greatest number of valid Fan Nominations during the Submission Period, and (ii) are also valid Submissions will be determined to be the ten (10) finalists, respectively, for each of the Audience Choice Awards (the “Finalists”).
- If, in the opinion of Company, the Finalists for either Audience Choice Award fail to meet the Streamy Awards’ standard of excellence, fewer Finalists may be selected for the applicable Audience Choice Award. If no Finalists meet the Streamy Awards’ standard of excellence for an Audience Choice Award, Company may, in its sole discretion, cancel the applicable Audience Choice Award.
- Additional information on voting will be made available further into the Streamy Awards 2016 campaign.
- If you encounter a technical problem with the nomination or voting process, please email email@example.com. If you need to correct credits or Program information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- While non-English speaking Program are encouraged, work must be accessible to our predominantly English-speaking Panel members. In categories not dependent on language, non-English speaking entries may be considered in their original format. Otherwise, Programs in a foreign language must be dubbed or subtitled into English. Each participant hereunder (whether submitting, voting or otherwise) hereby releases, agrees to indemnify, and holds harmless Company, its affiliated and related companies, its other designees, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, companies and the directors, officers, agents, and employees from any and all liability for any and all claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of their participation in the Streamy Awards, Company’s use of any Program, and/or the unauthorized or illegal access to participants’ personally identifiable information.
- Company reserves the right to change, revise, or update these Guidelines at any time without notice in Company’s sole discretion. All such changes will be posted on http://www.streamys.org/.